The biggest online shopping day of the year is coming! Use this checklist to prepare your online store for Black Friday.
- Optimize your website for mobile shoppers. Make sure the experience is excellent for all of your customers, whether they’re using desktop computers, laptops, tablets or smartphones. If you’re reading this article from a mobile device, you’ll notice that all of the content is resized to fit nicely on your screen – that means it’s responsive.
- Promote special offers through a well-constructed email campaign. You can grab some great templates here.
- Make it easy for customers to share your products with their friends and family by adding social share buttons to your pages – as you see here.
- Instead of a simple discount, offer your customers a more fun-filled experience. For instance, you could host a contest or giveaway.
- Create an attention-grabbing cover image for your Facebook Page. This could be as simple as taking a beautiful photo of nature and adding text describing your sale, such as, “Black Friday Sale – Up to 40% Off!” Start by looking through our background images.
- Post an update about your offer on your social media pages and pin the post on Facebook and Twitter, so that it stays at the top of your page at all times.
- Put out a press release announcing your sale. There are many free press release distribution sites that you can use.
- Be prepared for a surge in traffic. Can your website handle that many visitors at once? Are you able to answer a flood of support emails if necessary?
- Create a sale banner to feature on your website. It may also be useful to publish a landing page that you can link to from your social media pages, describing your Black Friday deals.
- If you pay for advertising on websites such as Facebook, Twitter or Google, plan your ad copy well in advance to let users know about your upcoming sales.
- Set up Google Analytics so that you are able to measure your results and analyze your website stats in detail.
When going through this checklist, keep in mind that consumers also expect deals on Cyber Monday. Many businesses hold sales throughout the entire weekend.
LookLagoon will be offering special discounts as well, so don’t miss out! Click here to receive updates and exclusive deals.
Will you be using this Black Friday checklist to prepare your business? If you have more points to add or questions you want answered, leave a comment below.