Easter weekend starts today! Prepare yourself with these seven interesting tidbits about rabbits.
- More than 50% of the world’s rabbit population lives in North America.
- Rabbits live in burrows or warrens – a series of underground tunnels that have multiple entrance and exit points.
- When rabbits jump in the air, twist and spin around, they are very happy. This behavior is known as binky.
- Rabbits are herbivores, meaning they only eat plants.
- Rabbits are extremely social animals and live in groups. A group of rabbits is known as a herd.
- These animals can detect predators very easily. Rabbits have excellent vision that allows them to see beside, above and behind them without even having to move their heads.
- Rabbits are often associated with Easter since they are known to represent fertility and rebirth.
Have you ever owned a pet rabbit? There are many among my family and friends – all very friendly and cute!